I’m the founder of Quesada, where we make our own chipotle paste in-house, using dried Morita chipotle peppers. To make it easier to prepare and cook at home, this recipe uses canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. This is perfect for making burritos, bowls, tacos or delicious nachos at home.
Spicy Chipotle Chicken Recipe
Makes 4 servings.
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs, diced
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ to ⅓ cup finely chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo paste, to taste
- ¼ cup water
- In a large saute pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until softened.
- Add chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the chicken is almost done, add chipotle peppers and water. Pull chicken apart with a fork into stringy pieces (see photo above).
- Simmer until sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked thoroughly and coated with sauce.
- Taste to adjust seasoning. Serve as desired, as a burrito, taco or loaded on nacho chips.