Sometimes salads can taste more healthy than yummy, amirite? Well, the disappointment ends here. Thanks to Eron Novalski, chef and owner of Toronto’s Noce Restaurant and Aria Ristorante, who features Ontario’s Vision Greens’ on his menu, we’re sharing one of his amazing recipes. It’s a zesty summer salad that combines the sweetness of strawberries, the umami of miso and the fresh, crisp earthiness of mixed lettuces and herbs. Enjoy!
Summer in Genovese Salad with Limoncello Vinaigrette
Ingredients for vinaigrette
4 tbsp limoncello
2 lemons, zested
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tsp honey
1 cup olive oil
2 tsp white miso paste
Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for salad
1 cup hulled and quartered strawberries
4 cups Vision Greens Fancy Premium Lettuce Mix, Zesty Arugula and Crispy Baby Romaine
½ cup blanched peas
1 cup Vision Greens Living Genovese Basil
½ cup mint
¼ cup toasted hazelnuts (garnish)
125 grams burrata
1 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together vigorously in a small bowl (or shake in a covered jar) until emulsified. Taste and season with a pinch of salt and a few twists of pepper, as needed. Place dressing in the fridge until required.
- Combine all salad ingredients, except hazelnuts and burrata, in a large bowl and toss.
- Drizzle evenly with dressing then gently toss until combined.
- Toast hazelnuts in the oven at 325 degrees for five to seven minutes. When done, crush nuts and keep aside for garnish.
- Place burrata in a small bowl, mash with a fork. Drizzle a 1 tsp of olive oil and salt to taste. Pulverize until a creamy texture.
- Serve salad on plates, garnish with hazelnuts and top with burrata as desired.